BWC Information and Group Rating Program
Dear BOMA Columbus Member,
Take control of your workers’ compensation savings! Group rating is designed to allow employers of similar industries to “pool” their combined workers’ compensation experience and file with the Ohio Bureau of Workers’ Compensation (BWC) as one “BIG” group through approved sponsoring organizations - like BOMA Columbus and BOMA Ohio.
Now is your chance to apply for the group rating program administrated through CareWorksComp, Ohio’s largest TPA, which has generated savings for more than 48,000 Ohio employers.
Your organization can significantly reduce your OH workers’ compensation costs through a variety of alternative rating programs. Our program, administered by Sedgwick, offers you quality service and stability through the complex workers’ compensation environment.
For over 50 years, Sedgwick has been helping employers navigate Ohio’s workers’ compensation system, providing services to help them control claim-related costs and reduce premiums. Our team includes the experienced colleagues from CompManagement and CareWorks Comp. The two companies merged and are now Sedgwick. Together, we serve nearly 65,000 Ohio employers including organizations of all sizes operating in various industries across the state. Group rating programs administered by Sedgwick have produced over $4 billion in savings since group rating was introduced in 1991, and their group retrospective programs have returned over $630 million in premium refunds since the program began in 2009. For more information, or for a no-cost, no-obligation quote of your potential premium savings, contact our Sedgwick representative, Julia Bowling, (513) 218-4062 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Link to website www.sedgwick.com/ohiotpa
**Review the most current accountability letter here.
Apply today for the industry-leading Sedgwick group rating program endorsed by BOMA Columbus and BOMA Ohio!
** New BWC Website Navigation Guide **
- SDWK WC Article March 2023
- SDWK Safety Article March 2023
- SDWK WC Article February 2023
- SDWK Safety Article February 2023
- SDWK WC Article January 2023
- SDWK Safety Article January 2023
- SDWK Client Education Program
- Sedgwick Safety During Holidays
- SDWK Cold Weather Safety Article
- SDWK Cost Containment Matters
- Summary of work-related injuries and illnesses due to OSHA by February 1
- Incident Reporting Tool
- Written and communicated safe work practices - It's not just common sense
- Safety Starts at the Top
- Transitional work grant update
- OSHA Launches Program to Protect High-risk workers from Coronavirus
- Workers' compensation health disparities in a post-COVID-19 environment
March 2022 Newsletter
January 2022 Newsletter
BWC will be hosting a number of occupational safety and health webinars and virtual classes. Check back for dates.
2023 Sedgwick Training Seminar Schedule
Webinars - presented live with BWC discount program and continuing education credit:
- Breathing Air Quality in the Workplace (May 10)
- Safe Patient Handling: Is Your Facility Following the Guidelines? (May 12)
- What You Need to Know Concerning EPA and Safety for the Construction Industry (May 19)
- Machine Guarding (May 5)
- Respirator Fit Testing (May 9-11)
- Emergency Preparedness Planning Half-day Workshop (May 10)
- Hazard Communication Half-day Workshop (May 12)
- Electrical Safety in the Workplace through Insight and Implementation of NFPA 70E (May 17-18)
- Electrical Safety Maintenance (NFPA 70B) - Practices for Electrical (May 23-25)
- Controlling Workers' Compensation Costs (May 24-25)
- Hazard Material and Waste Shipping/Reporting Requirements (May 31)
- Bloodborne Pathogens, Developing a Safety Culture, OSHA Recordkeeping 101 and others
For more information or assistance, email email@example.com.