Flying Hose Farms Clean-up Day
September 18, 2020
8:15 AM - 2:15 PM
Add to Calendar
We are excited to announce a BOMA Volunteer Day at Flying Horse Farms! BOMA members are invited to visit Flying Horse Farms on Friday, September 18 to help with clean-up and general projects around the facility as they prepare to close for the season. This is a wonderful opportunity to give-back to your community!
We are also seeking special vendor assistance for this event; examples would be floor scrubbers, power washing or any other special service your organization might be able to provide. If you are interested in providing extra assistance in this way, please contact Tracey Sanok to make plans.
**After you register please watch for a confirmation notice that shares important waiver information.***
SCHEDULE OF DAY:
8:15 – 9:00 AM ARRIVAL
9:00 – 12:00 PM WORK DAY
12:00 PM BOXED LUNCH
1:00 PM TOUR OF CAMP (optional)
2:15 PM DEPARTURE (if touring)
HOW TO GET HERE:
Flying Horse Farms
5260 State Route 95, Mt. Gilead, Ohio 43338
From Columbus to Flying Horse Farms:
Take 71 north to the second Mt. Gilead exit (Rt 95, Exit 151)
At the end of the ramp, take a left and head west for 4 miles.
Flying Horse Farms is on the left hand side just before the big blue branded water tower
Approach the gate and follow the posted direction for entry.
Allow 45 -50 minutes for travel from Columbus.
SNAPSHOT OF CAMP:
Here is a link to a video that explains camp in a little more detail: Camp is it.
WHAT TO WEAR:
Since a Camp Creator Day is all about getting ready for our campers – you may get dirty. Please wear closed toed shoes and casual attire that you won’t mind getting messy. You may be working outside so please watch the weather.
We also ask that you review the following, new guest procedures to help us all remain healthy and safe during our volunteer day!
COVID-19 Protocols: Summer 2020
Upon arrival and after entering the front gate, please park in front of the Big Red Barn where you will be greeted by a Flying Horse Farms staff member. When arriving at camp, all guests will be screened for respiratory symptoms and have their temperature taken as a precautionary measure to reduce the spread of COVID-19.
Each guest will be screened privately by a designated employee. Each guest’s temperature and answers to respiratory symptom questions will be documented and a copy of this record will be provided to you. If you have a temperature of 99.6 degrees Fahrenheit or higher OR you are experiencing any symptoms of an illness, you will be required to reschedule your visit for another time.
- Guests/groups will be limited to no more than 10 (which includes FHF staff) to keep under the State of Ohio mandate for gatherings. This number could change as the State adjusts protocols for gatherings.
- Guests will be asked to adhere to the 6ft social distancing recommendation by the CDC while visiting camp, unless otherwise noted.
- Guests/groups will be required to wear a mask. If you do not have mask, Flying Horse Farms will provide one for you.
- Guests will be asked to only use the restrooms located inside the Big Red Barn. We ask that the restrooms be limited to one person at a time.
- Use of hand sanitizer and/or handwashing will be required throughout the visit.
- Any food/beverage requests will need to be approved through FHF staff before your camp visit.
- No additional guests will be admitted outside of the previously agreed guest list.
- Please avoid handshaking, hugging, or any other physical contact during your time at camp.
- Golf Cart use will be available for those with mobility needs; however, use will be limited to no more than two guests per golf cart. Guests and FHF staff will be seated in different rows.
Brown Bag & Gab - Fall Building Checklist