Managing the Organization (rescheduled from March)
August 26, 2020
8:30 AM - 5:00 PM
Add to Calendar
250 West Wilson Bridge Rd.
First Floor Conference Room
Worthington, OH 43085
THIS EVENT WAS ORIGINALLY SCHEDULED IN MARCH AND HAS BEEN MOVED TO AUGUST 26-28
Managing the Organization will prepare you to manage and lead your organization through improved communication, motivation, relationship and team building, project management, problem solving, and decision-making skills. Managers who take this course will be able to further develop their group leadership and management techniques and abilities, and analyze and improve their relationships with staff, colleagues, and owners.
Upon successful completion of this course, learners will be able to:
- Understand and demonstrate what motivates staff and how to use techniques to influence staff behavior
- Demonstrate the importance of communication and marketing and provide tools and techniques for the manager to accomplish
- Provide a framework for organizing the various functions associated with facilities management and the rationale for organization configurations
- Demonstrate the importance of problem solving and provide problem-solving tools necessary for manager to guide staff in problem-solving activities
- Apply your learned skills and abilities to a sustainability-driven building upgrade case study
Key topic areas:
management skills and tools • leadership styles and relationships • types of organizations • team building, leadership, and motivation • planning, controlling, and decision making • problem-solving techniques • project and change management • workplace safety and documentation
FMA®, RPA®, SMA® designations
BOMA Columbus members may register online. The course fee is $850 additional fees may apply for new enrollees.
Non-BOMA Columbus members may submit the application via email to [email protected] to register and process payment. The fee for non-members is $950 and again additional fees may apply.
Registration is currently open and will close on March 16th.
This class has been submitted to the State for 21 hrs of CE credit.
$850.00 Member Registration
$950.00 Non-Member Registration
$225.00 RPA Enrollment Fee
$100.00 BOMI Individual Class Fee
Brown Bag & Gab - Fall Building Checklist